Shouts to the incredible King Krule.
DEBUT RELEASE FROM POWER MOVES
POWER MOVES is the blinged and bugged out beats project of composer/artist Austin Buckett (Golden Blonde, Pollen Trio) who recently relocated to Sydney after a year or so hopping between Berlin and New York City.
We’re proud to announce the release of POWER MOVES debut beat tape Psycho Shower Scene, a raw collage of collected field recordings, vocal interjections and left over album stems inspired by the dark absurdity of Tim and Eric, Chicago Footwork, dub, and modern gangster aesthetics. Also featuring fragmented cuttings from Wu – Tang Clan, Freddie Gibbs, Capone n Noreaga and Slum Village accapellas, the free EP exists both as a record in its own right and as a beat tape for future recycling and re-use by MC’s and producers alike.
via Dream Damage
released 24 September 2013
Produced by POWER MOVES
Mixed & Mastered by Thomas William
Released by Dream Damage 2013
‘Us’ will be out Sept 20 (AUS), Sept 23 (UK/EU), Sept 24 (USA). The single comes with remixes by Giraffage and Kowton.
Australian producer/DJ friends— Budweiser have teamed up with our buddies @ VICE and have a little competition to support y’all that has a pretty decent prize up for grabs—
- A tour to the US to play at the legendary Marquee Las Vegas – home to resident DJs Kaskade and Erick Morillo – and Marquee New York, followed by a chance to spin at an NYC industry party
- Exclusive homecoming gigs at Australia’s hottest clubs, including Marquee Sydney
- The revolutionary Pioneer DDJ-SX4-channel Serato DJ controller – the world’s first native controller for Serato DJ, complete with professional software
- Ongoing support, opening up potential festival appearances, international DJ sets, sponsorship opportunities and introductions to record labels and industry executives
- Guaranteed media exposure including featured mixes on selected music streaming sites, interviews and profile features in leading music publications and blogs
Artists are invited to submit their best tracks right now, right here: http://bit.ly/aimadjproducer
Track submissions close at midnight on 30th September 2013.
The winner, as selected by an independent judging panel of music and entertainment industry experts, will be announced at the AIMA ceremony at the New Event Centre at The Star in Sydney on 7th November 2013.
Here is the title track from Surf Dad’s debut Unholy EP, out next week on Zerothroughnine.
Surf Dad – Unholy EP
1. Perfect (intro)
3. No. 5
4. Mind Reader
Available digitally September 23rd
Limited CD-R available September 28th
Haven’t posted in a while so need to catch up on some things.
Here is the stunning debut Gwen from Sydney quartet Golden Blonde. A treat from start to finish, beautifully layered production paired together with tripping drums/percussion and haunting vocals. Clarinet & Gwen are my favourites. I don’t get the album artwork.
You can catch them opening the main stage @ Outsidein on the weekend.
GOLDEN BLONDE is
Vocals, Guitars, Clarinet & Tenor Recorder
Rhodes, Hammond B-3, Synths, Piano, Fujitone & Percussion
Drums & Percussion
Additional vocals by Amy Wilson on tracks 4, 5, 8 & 11.
Recorded and mixed by Tim Carr at Studio 301, Sydney, Australia.
Mastered by Jeff Lipton and Maria Rice at Peerless Mastering, Newton, USA.
Composed by GOLDEN BLONDE
Post-production and field recordings by Austin Buckett at various locations.
Co-directed by Austin Buckett & Adam Guzowski.
Pond’s new single ‘Xanman’ taken from their upcoming fifth album Hobo Rocket, out on Modular August 2nd (AUS), August 5th (UK/EU), August 6th (USA).